Guest Blogger: Veronica Shier
How To Live Through The Shit Life Throws At You In Order To Thrive in Life!
Have you ever felt overwhelmed by the negative things that occur in your life?
Are you a passenger in your journey through day to day life? Do you feel that you have a reactive response versus a proactive approach to what happens to you and what you achieve? Do you want to feel empowered to live life on your own terms, where you are in the driver’s seat and have the confidence to take on any challenge that dare to get in your path? Here are so very effective tools I have personally benefitted from to live my best life and that I regularly am encouraging my life coach clients to implement in their own life!
This list is not exhaustive, but it is a springboard for you to accomplish all you want on your path to live the life you envision for yourself!
Know Your Path
- Create a mission statement for your life.
- Know what your values in life are.
- Know what behaviours and attitudes you will accept from others.
- Know what behaviours and attitudes you will not accept from others.
Claim Your Space/Time
- Surround yourself with people who empower, positively challenge and encourage you to fulfill the life you want for yourself.
- Feel free to take a break when you need to. This doesn’t mean you can leave work, stop parenting, or drop your responsibilities. It means you are allowed to give yourself a mental break from striving for perfection and unattainable expectations that you have placed on yourself.
- Set your schedule but allow for life to throw you curveballs. If you can be comfortable with the idea that things might change and you prepare yourself ahead of time to be able to run with change, when difficulty occurs, you will have more drive and energy to not just get through it, but to run through it.
- In your work and home space, create an environment that inspires, excites, motivates, encourages and brings you joy. This is where you spend most of your day and you want to make it a place you feel the most you!
- Create balance in everyday life. In order to thrive in life, you need balance in every area of life. Be kind to other without letting them abuse you. Live in contentment, not complacency. Trust people, but not so much that you are deceived by them.
You are amazing and you have it in you to live an incredible life!! All that is required is active intention! You’ve got this!!